September 2008 – November 2009 – Hays Specialist Recruitment – Change Programme Project Manager (Limited Company Contractor)
Adapt 2010 is a ground-breaking programme within Hays, which has delivered their first Global, Front End resource management application. It is also the first programme in Hays history which has delivered on time. The programme has the strongest, most dedicated team. Listed below were Alan’s functions within the programme.
Implementation Manager – Responsibilities
- Implementation of the new Front End Application being developed within Hays.
- Creation of the hour by hour Implementation plan to enable delivery of each new code deployment out with core hours.
- Creation of back out strategy should deployment fail.
- Test Full implementation plan and back out strategy during Operational Acceptance testing.
- Arrangement of full support, in house and third party, for Implementation weekend.
- All communication to senior management throughout each implementation.
- Defect management during implementation.
- Testing during implementation.
Infrastructure Project Manager (Client/Server Office Based to Datacentres) – Responsibilities
- Timely delivery of new infrastructure to a global programme to enable the largest change programme to date within Hays.
- Full project lifecycle management.
- Continual change management as each delivery cycle of the front-end application programme is taken from concept to delivery.
- Upscale of Infrastructure to meet application needs.
- Management of third party supplier as sole supplier of infrastructure to the programme.
- Lead on creation of backup strategy and service agreements on behalf of the programme for development, test, training and Production infrastructure.
- Quality manager for each delivery of infrastructure to the programme.
- Risk/Issue management.
Environment Manager – Responsibilities
- Management of all infrastructures when delivered to the programme.
- Ensuring each environment had the required infrastructure for each Code delivery cycle.
- Planning and deployment of code at each stage within the delivery cycle to the appropriate environment; Development, Systems Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Operational Acceptance Testing and Production.
- Planning for and requesting additional infrastructure when additional functionality was required within a delivery cycle.
Alan was also instrumental in setting up the testing areas within the programme. Although there is no formal background in this area he took this challenge and with both hands and created the initial test team. Due to increased workloads from the above responsibilities and other projects including decommission of the old Adapt V8 system and Performance test initiation project, a Test manager was then recruited to carry the test team forward.