May 2010 – February 2011 – Lloyds Banking Group – Programme/Project Manager (Limited Company Contractor)
Since starting in the role Alan had been assigned to many different Programmes/projects, the first of which spanned most of his time on this assignment. This programme, as with most of the other projects assigned during this time, had been running for around 18 months previously without clear vision or end in sight. It was Alan’s role to complete these programmes/projects
Oracle Improvement Programme Manager – Responsibilities
· Chair weekly Implementation workgroups – Ensure the focus was on each deliverable and any risks, issues are managed with escalation as appropriate.
· Give clear vision to each of the workstream leads to bring the workstreams to a close.
· Create clear reporting lines from workstreams through to Senior Management.
· Review current Datacentre Infrastructure to ensure platform met application needs.
· Upscale/Downscale where necessary.
· Engage 3rd Party suppliers where required for delivery.
· Production and maintenance of a Programme Plan on a Page – High Level reporting tool for each deliverable/group of deliverables.
· Production of Programme Implementation plans – ensure these were delivered by individual workstreams.
· Oracle 10g Upgrade
· Oracle Network & Vulnerabilities
· Oracle BAU RAC Upgrade
· Unix Support Analysis Tool